Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
Winifred goes over to the vendor and purchases a lizard on a stick for everyone and one for the girl. She hands one to Cassian You know, you and this lizard have a lot in common - you both have a stick up your arse.

She then leaves and heads over to the girl, watching her eye the snack hungrily and then crouches down to be at eye level.

Hey little one. I know you want money or the bad man will beat you so here is some. he holds out a couple of pennies but keeps them back before they are snatched, Nuh hah. Not yet. This on the other hand. she waves the lizard, You have to earn. Come with me

Spoiler: OOC
Show
[roll0] Fel 44

Spoiler: MAP
Show
So if I understand this correctly what we are looking at is the ground floor and there is another floor below "street" level but above the water yes?

If she can, she will also go up to nearby roof and see if there is a way in that way or anything interesting

[roll1] Perception 41

Wiinfred talks to the young girl who snatches the coins hungrily from her hand and looks with clearly famished eyes at the roasted lizard. As Winifred moves to get a better look the young gilr shakes her head. "You ain't wanting to go down to the lower levels. Gaedran stays down there, only him and his lads are welcome. Any of us go down that we's never come back. Feeds us to ole' gobblegut he does." Snatching away the lizard she looks to Winifred, "WHy you wanting to know about Lamn, he''ll kill you he will. Or Giggles will" the last said with a nod to the one eyed half orc with the flail standing near the door. True enough as Winifred walks down a couple of buildings she can see more walkways extending at water level under the other ones and leading to the partially wrecked boat behind the old fishery.

As the others discuss what to do you can all hear warning trumpets and horns blaring across the city and moments later a few young men with long red headbands marking them as opponents of sick King Eodred and the unloved wastrel that Queen Illosia race past, chased moments later by a half dozen of the City Watch. Other people shout and jeer, but horns and screams and soon a few pillars of smoke start to rise to the east in the "Heights" district around the base of the looming Castle Korsova. A few cries of "Riots, riots" or "Sable Company company, its a curfew"....

Amidst the clutter and the shouting of what is sure to be another riot about the conditons and the taxes the street is thinning rapidly. Even the peddlar dropping and iron pan lid over the coals and draggin his hand cart away, smiling with broken teeth. "I better to get to the heights eh? Rioting be hungry work!"