Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
I'm.... a bit concerned, actually, about how to confirm our characters ability to assess relative danger, indeed whether or not they are able to do so reliably, and then translate that into player knowledge. I'm not exactly going to say that I built Artaith expecting the other (which may already be player error), but I did (obviously) build her with the expectation that someone else was going to cover basically all the skills. If knowledge skills are the direction we go with this need, she's going to be sorely incapable. Alternatively, if some sort of intuitive sense is more at play (sense motive/perception?), she may at least develop some competence along the way.
Good question - I haven't really thought about that. I shall ponder. I guess in the 'old days' you'd send your hirelings in first and see how many got wiped on round 1.

As a related point, interesting to note your smartest party member is the rogue on 14 Int. If it wasn't for Felix you'd have a net party Int mod of +0. Good luck with that!