1. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Iron Tarot: Gold and Misfortune (Different campaign, same universe.)

The crowd began pushing towards the wagon, more than a few people being pushed to the ground. In the commotion, shouting from the guards could be heard as the desperate townsfolk vyed for food and supplies. Of course, not many had enough money to pay for the high sums the merchant was requesting and soon, panic about surviving the night turned into anger.
    A mother on the outskirts of the crowd was consoling her children as one of her eldest sons pointed at Ithil and giggled. "Look at him mama! He looks funny!"
    She replied after grabbing him and pulling him closer. "Don't be saying such things to people. Be quiet and stay with your brothers and sisters so I can keep an eye on you!" She turned to Ithil and apologised. "I am sorry for my son! we've been waiting awhile but as you can see we aren't getting anywhere. Please forgive us."

After a few minutes, the situation at the front of the crowd escalated as shouts and a few screams came. The merchant announced once his guards had kept the crowd at bay. "Right! We'll see how well behaved you are tomorrow, you savages!"
    There were cries of despair as the carriage began to leave, taking with it the lives of many of the stranded, starving peoples of Shearfall.

The crowd followed the wagon, some running towards it, pleading for food. Any who reached the vehicle were pushed off.
    Last edited by B3ZERKER; 2021-02-05 at 04:14 PM.