So I'm probably gonna roll a Paladin for the Avernus campaign (no spoilers if you can help it please) and for the first time in my memory- this particular DM has not banned Unearthed Arcana outright but instead decided he'll talk it out.

With that in mind- are there any UA combinations I could be on the lookout for that work pretty nicely with Paladin? I'm contemplating those Gothic Lineages but I never really paid attention to UA races and subclasses on account of them never being allowed so that's mostly just because it's a recent one I remember.

Most likely I'm going to play up being hard to kill if that helps. My current known party members are two Druids (a guy and his young daughter, I think she's like 10 so not expecting much) and my brother who will be rolling some manner of Celestial Warlock. I don't believe the Druids will focus on Wild Shape.

If it helps my starting stats should be: 16, 13, 16, 13, 14, 17. Not applied to any specific stats yet mind you- those are just the scores.