Sebastian
    Rocket Science Experiment
    HP: 5/5 Will: 4/5 Defense: 2 Special Defense: 3
    Conditions: Blocked
    Pokemon Out: Solosis
    Spoiler: Pokemon Stats
    Show

Solosis: HP: 4/4 Defense: 1 Special Defense: 2 Conditions: Blocked, Helped

The crazy plan actually... worked? Of course, as predicted everything immediately went to crap. Eevee Girl took off with her negotiated prize before Shikina could take it back, and Bash didn't blame her. She hadn't expected any help beyond the huge glaring distraction Evelyn provided just by existing, and in the end it'd been her clueless cousin who set the disaster train in motion. Though seeing her succeed somehow made Bash feel... more confident about her own chances? That was a weird thought she immediately suppressed. Hope was for suckers. She needed results.

Without hesitation Bash grabbed her target and levitated straight up, but she had to cut short a shocked yelp of pain as something jerked hard on her leg. The weird tattoos had lunged out of her own shadow, wrapping around her foot like tangible objects and tethering her to it. She could move around, but she doubted it would let her leave the Charizard's sight.

Well, fine then. Escape wasn't an option, and she had no illusions about subduing Shikina. With a mental nudge she sent Solosis circling around to join her position, then drew a raspy breath.

Standing her ground instead of running for cover, silver hair became a writhing mass of strands as she pushed every ounce of power she could muster into her aura. Psychedelic tendrils arced and snapped into the air around her as she rose as far off the rocky terrain as the shadows would let her, straining against their pull until her joints felt about to tear, eyes twin pulsars strobing. Blood trickled from her nose and ears but she pushed past the pain, glaring at the enraged mother Pokemon as she clutched the egg. She might not be up to snuff anymore, but she could sure as hell still put on a show.

"Mamazard!" she screamed, an unearthly hiss of static behind her words. "You want your kids to grow up tough like you? You want 'em to fight and grow? I'm throwing myself headfirst into the flames of this war and I might not be the best but no one here is gonna struggle more desperately than me. I will drag this Charmander through the crucible till we're hard enough it will break against us and I dare you to stop us."

Sensing its trainer's feelings, Solosis came up beside Bash, puffing itself up as much as possible and scrunching its beady little eyes up as colorful lights pulsed across its membrane. Though the effect turned out more adorable than intended.
    Last edited by technoRomancer; 2021-03-14 at 01:50 AM.