Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
New comic

Lord Infinite is many things.
Evil, a jerk, a crime lord, probably untrustworthy, likely up to no good...
He's also right. If the team doesn't work with him, why work with them?
I mean sure, there was a pretty good chance he'd've pulled this stunt anyway, but it would've been a better chance than doing nothing.
Yup. I mean, if they had worked with him, maybe he'd still screw them over, but he'd likely give them a few Oranges to soften the blow.

But all told, they've been treating him like an enemy so why not act like an enemy? Can't burn a bridge if it is already on fire.

Still I think Tobi needs to break out of her competitive mindset and remember what her actual goals are. She doesn't need extra money or anything like that. She just needs to survive, to get her passport, so she can leave Lorg. Her only concern should be keeping herself and her friends alive. Sure, save all she can because she is a good person. But why should she care if Infinite wins? In fact, him getting a commanding lead is a good thing. Yeah, he's likely to try and pick someone to go on trial, maybe the paladin, maybe someone else. But he wants Tobi alive, so I doubt he'll risk putting her on trial. And being put on trial is not a guaranteed death sentence. And if he's in the lead from now on? Than that will be the last trial in the game. Which is a good thing from Tobi's standard.