1. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Masks-IC] Hard Times in Halcyon City: Chapter 1

Judy kinda didn't know what to do. The reasoning of Levi seemed okay, but... at the same time, she could not let go of a feeling that something about her is so... fake? Like, she was wearing a mask this whole time?

Of course, she could not prove that. Plus, maybe she was paranoid? The problem was, it was their first meeting, so it was kind of hard to tell something more about her. And this had make Judy very, very cautious.

Additionally - it was she who was a hero – people were supposed to ask her for help, not the second way around.

- Please, listen... - she began – It's not that I do not trust you – this was a lie, but very nicely put, nobody would have known that she had her assumptions and uncertainties – but at the same time, I believe this very knowledge would endanger you. Look, it's no secret that I am a hero, and I am sure that it is no secret either what your company wants to do with Ancient Atlantis research. What if some kind of supervillain will add 2 to 2? And, I do not know, kindap and torture you in order to get secret knowledge about me? As you see, it is a basic defensive mechanism to not involve you. For your own good, I mean.

- Also, I do not know yet what my problem is like in a long run. Maybe I will overcome this on my own? Or it will just vanish after some days? And, if it is this kind of a problem – and well enough it could be – then if I would told you about it, you would just worry over nothing. This is also something I wanna avoid. I am a hero. I should be a shoulder and shield for other people. And when I can have my moments of weakness, I should not bother a typical Joe with that. It is not how things are supposed to work.

- But, if neither me, my superhero friends nor Natla Tech will be able to help me, I will surely go to you and ask for your resources – Judy smiled at Levi. This time it was totally honest.

Of course, she did not know how a typical company could help her – her troubles were of a supernatural source – and possibly, there was little she they could have done about that.

Still, it never hurt to try to be friendly.
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2021-05-04 at 11:06 AM.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature