1. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: [Masks-IC] Hard Times in Halcyon City: Chapter 1

Spoiler: Angel
    Show
    Conditions: Guilty (-2 assess or provoke) Angry (-2 comfort or pierce)

Current labels:
    Danger +1 Freak +2 Savior +0 Superior -2 Mundane +2

Potential: 1/3
    Doom Track: 0/3

Angel looks down at Detective Park with a cold dismissive glare, raising a hand to sweep her aside. The fact that she is standing up to Angel despite the power being displayed only adds to it's rage and pride. But Angel still heard what she was saying, and Angel was forced to think about what he was trying to do. He looked around in horror at the damage he had done to his home just to avoid admitting she was right. His face fell and when he started speaking his voice was just a normal teenager's voice, though somewhat shaking. "That's not... no, that is what I was doing. I'm sorry... I didn't know it could do something this big, and I didn't know the powers would start affecting me this much this early. I want to stop this, keep anyone from getting hurt. I'll don't know if I can still control this but I'll try."

Angel closes his eyes and tries to think. He tries to sort out how much of what he is feeling is him and how much is it but the difference is hard to tell. He was the one who wanted to show Park the scale of the conflict, but he didn't want to hurt anyone. And it was the one who cared about the glory of an ancient age, not him. He had accepted the powers to protect people, not for some sort of glory or recognition. Angel opened his eyes and shouted, speaking directly to the raging wind and roaring cry of his patron. "The deal was that these would be MY powers, and destroying my home isn't how I want them used. So we're done with this." He reaches out his hands and takes hold of specific things floating in the air and slowly drags them back to the ground, trying to fight the raging wind and power around him as he does so.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am accepting the influence, and clearing insecure. Also I think I'll be able to clear Angry at the end of this scene because 'break something important' is a way to clear it and I did telekinetically tear a building apart and all that.
    Last edited by Quagmire; 2021-05-05 at 05:35 PM.
    I go by They/Them pronouns, BTW.