Hmmm interesting to see the conclusion you've managed to draw about him with minimal information.

Jigsaw puzzle piece #1: You believe your boyfriend cares about you more than you care about him. You need to seriously ask yourself where that impression is coming from and whether it's substantiated.
Oh believe me I have questioned it a lot and found it sustantiated. I've stated that he loves me more because, I think, it is a simple fact. We broke up last time for partly because the extent he cared for me was making me doubt whether my feelings were quite as strong. I still say they aren't, but I love him anyway.

JPP #2: Your boyfriend is looking for jobs all over England, and even abroad.
And good for him too.
It's a competative field for his placement year, only 15% apparently get on them he's got to aply widely, the more aplications the better. If he refused to try and advance his education and potential career by only aplying localy because he happens to be in a relationship here he wouldn't find himself in one (that decision reeks of clingyness and dependancy). Apart from that since I'm probably moving away it would also be a very stupid reason. I've been fully supportive of his decision to apply and sincerely hope he gets the one best for him wherever that happens to be.

JPP #3: He got back with you after you broke up even though you may have to start a long-distance relationship soon.
Yes we got back together, 10 months before I have to leave for university, it was hardly 'soon' when we did. It's still a few months off it's just that the imanent exams and end of term make it seem much closer now.

JPP #4: You live in the middle of nowhere
I live in a craphole of a town but it's not quite the middle of nowhere. Fairly easy to get to more interesting places if you have money for trains (which I don't) or can drive (which I can't).

Quote Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
Trouble assembling it? Read the solution.
Spoiler
Show
Your boyfriend plans on leaving, and leaving you behind. He will remain with you for as long as it's convenient and then dump you. He might even do worse: NOT break up with you but keep you on the back burner at home so he's got something to do on the weekends when he visits his family. After you guys broke up, he realized that romantic prospects in your town are few and far-between and decided that you'd be an acceptable temporary solution until something better comes along.
All this is assuming, of course, that you'll keep your laissez-faire attitude, get crummy grades and not get into university.
Don't feel guilty, he's in the relationship for the exact same reason you are. What you need to think about is yourself, or rather, since you're already thinking only about yourself, what you need to do is stop beating yourself up for it.
He actualy did get with someone after we split up. When he thought (correctly as it happens) that I was upset about him seeing her he dumped her with no prompting from me because 'my frienship was worth more than the physical thing he had with her'. We got back together because we care about each other, not because he realised 'romantic prospects were few and far between'. He's had numerous occasions to cheat or leave me for other girls, some of whom, in my opinion, are much more attractive than I am.
Yes he's older (2 years, hardly a big difference), yes he is more experienced, but he isn't using me. If he was he wouldn't have waited the best part of a year for 'that thing one would assume he was using me for'.
Neither would he have offered to pay for plane tickets to and from Australia so I could spend a month with him there before I left for uni if he got the placement there.

assuming, of course, that you'll keep your laissez-faire attitude, get crummy grades and not get into university.
I'm interested in how my attitude towards long term relationships shows my attitude towards work and ability to get good grades. I said if I get into uni on the first point as as I said they are litteraly asking for almost the top grades it is possible to achieve. Whilst I can get these, and am predicted to, one bad day falling in exam week could screw this up, to say it's a definite I'll get in would be a lie, hence the 'if'.

To be honest I'm not feeling especially guilty as such (a little, but not enough to really bother me too much) because I know splitting up and going our seperate ways free to make whatever screwups we will is what will be best for both of us in the long run.
Yeah I feel bad that it'll hurt his feelings, but not bad enough to cause me any real angst or is likely to change my mind (guilt is not a reason to stay with someone afterall).
What is sorta pressing on me a bit is that I've made this decision but he has no idea about it yet and it's not something I want to broach with him until it needs to be. So it plays slightly on my mind sometimes and will likely cary on doing so until the time is right to talk it over.
Just needed somewhere to rant and get it out of my system for a while and this seemed like a fairly good place.

wow...sorry for that monster of a post...and aplogies for any glaring typos or confusing sentances, am very tired atm and may have missed stuff in proofreading.