Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
Sounds interesting to me. And the popularity of the Crazy Idea games makes me think that multiple factions wouldn't be a deterrent.

A big question, I think, would be if it's public how many factions exist and how much we know about their possible 'alliances'. E.g., it's make sense for the humans and the Asgardians to be both able to win.
If you wanted a mix of knowledge vs. ignorance, you could have some player cutoffs to determine how many factions exist, but which factions exist stays private. List the factions explicitly in the opening post -- including enough details so that knowledge of the series doesn't give too much of an advantage -- but keep private which factions actually enter into play. Well, probably beyond saying something like "at least the SG-1 team and the Goa'uld are in play."
Yea that was my idea, I am still fleshing it out, but I was thinking of stating how many, but not which beyond the core SG-1 and Goa'uld. I will definitely include all relevant info to ensure knowledge of the show gives unfair advantage. I will not be sticking strictly to the show lore, as it changes over the course of the series (vis-a-vie the relationships between the tauri and the tollan or jaffa or goa'uld).