The Chainbreaker Confederacy

Spoiler: The Riot Song
Show
Criminals they called us! Enough is enough!
Escaped from the prison, but chained to the heart,
Of a city that hates us, and we wanted no part!
But these streets led to new friends, we made a new start!
New tides have arisen, and we shall not depart!

Scoundrels they called us! Enough is enough!
With blades in our hand and powder galore,
We’ll shatter the chains and we’ll ask them for more!
Oppressors with nothing but fear in their core!
We make our stand here and our hearts they will soar!

Buccaneers they called us! Enough is enough!
Voices lifted in new song, chaos is our muse,
They trod on us for too long, we ignite the fuse!
False comfort or gallows you ask me to choose?
Then listen to our riot song and enjoy the view!

The chant had dozens of different versions at this point, each bard and skald with a few words to add or twist. But the message remained clear: Redgate was piss drunk and boilin’ angry. Chainbreaker crews had already taken damn near half the district, no doubt more would raise the seafoam flag next month. But Akimbo street had played host to a far more interesting battleground amid the riots. Smuggling tunnels had put Ritona Curze and a cabal of witches right into the middle of an active battle between unexpected forces, one which they happily joined. Lumbering zombies fought hell hounds, Pirates sent animate skeletons rattling back to the grave, and Ritona Curze dueled with the Succubus queen of Redgates most notorious redlight district. Loping off the demon’s head (and arms for that matter, can never be too careful with demons) was enough to take the day, especially once the lesser fiends that made up the queen’s cohort bent to the Captains will, with the Pallid Viceroy’s forces making an orderly withdrawal to the ruins as mobs of disorganized chainbreaker killers and their newly bound demon dogs hounded them through the burning streets.

Ritona Curze mused on this as she rifled through the jewel chests and costume drawer’s of the Succubus Queens lair, sniffing for magical pieces and biting the occasional gold earring to add to her bulging pockets. On one hand, neither faction had violated any grand unspoken rules of engagement or propriety, on the other the Chainbreakers had reached out with as much courtesy as could be mustered to try to prevent this very occurrence, only to be snubbed and insulted by the Viceroy’s goons.

No accountin’ fer taste an’ all that, but ye can’t say that we didn’t try t’warn the old rattler’ we’d be here

“Maybe es’ been fixin’ too many potholes in the road, missed one in his skull.” The other speaker in the room was one of the Chainbreaker witches, a group which had been greatly reduced in the chaos surrounding the battle of Akimbo.

Har har very funny. Welp I don’t particularly want a war with the Lich, I think its a rather endearing abomination of Sethennai, hopefully we can smooth things over without any more wasted powder.

The seawitch was about to respond when a runner burst into the room, panting heavily. “War Captain, we’re at war!”

God damn, we were just talking about it, doesn’t that lich know when it’s beaten?

“Its not Old Rattler Captain, its the Tangle Geist!”

A heartbeat of confused silence passes with Ritona and the witch looking at eachother.

Wait what?

Morale 3, Rep 2

Players

The Sleepless Crusade
Spoiler
Show
Well Viceroy I tried ta’ warn ye and yer minion offered aught but hot wind and rudeness, and I rather like to think that should be my role in our particular discussion. Now we be in the awkward reef of blood debts, if you’ll pardon the term. I know ye’ve had a rough go of it the past month, and I’ve had little interest in stokin’ a fire between us, but I’ve a lotta dead witches and delvers at your fault and no shortage of armed folk with bad attitudes who’ve cause to hate ye.

Way I see it is thus, ye replace my losses of [1 adv, 1 magic] and I’ll call us square, calm the Redgate crowd thats calling for a reapers toll, and leave ye be to yer projects and pavers. Otherwise we’ve a long term problem thats gonna be resolved by blood. I’m certain we can reap a bloody toll on eachother indeed, but I hope ye know that I know of yer wounds and yer bargaining position ain’t one I’d envy right now.

Sharp Blades,
Captain Ritona Curze

The Tangle Geist
Spoiler
Show
What in the twelve hells are ye thinkin’ Tangler? I’d no interest in fightin’ ya and perhaps even a little in helpin’ yer cause if only to stick it to the scurvy curses in Palintinate, but ye can kiss that sorry thought goodbye.

Bloody mushroom fumes have gone to whatever passes fer yer skull.

Sharp Blades,
Captain Ritona Curze

The Blade of the People
Spoiler
Show
All ahead full Skipper? I trust my boys are doin’ their part? I’ve got things mostly in hand here in Redgate but there was a bit of an incident with the old Rattler from the ruins over Akimbo street [territory 30], so things might be a tad odd on my end the coming month.

That said and despite it, I’m curious on yer thoughts towards alliance, seems we’re already willing to work together and I see ye’ve also got the Geists Warmark on ye too. Dangerous city out there and while I think our preferred methods steer different headings, I reckon they could also compliment eachother plenty well if we put our backs into it.

Fair Sails,
Captain Ritona Curze