Jace's Place

Jace reads the scrolls. It takes him a second. Is that the sound of dice rolling? Probably just the wind.
Jace puts the scroll down and scoops up Khannie, which he can still barely do because she is a real human girl and not a large heavy pokemon with an incredibly thick frame.
"Oh Khannie, you can't keep doing that, you're going to make your old man feel jealous of all the things you're doing so young." He plants another kiss on her forehead.
"Here, let me show you something. I think you're ready." Jace carries her over to The Closet.
The closet where Jace keeps most of his adventuring gear except his cloak because he wears that everywhere. He takes a set of beat-up goggles and sets them on the table along with placing Khannie into a suitable chair.
"These are the first magical items I ever crafted myself. They've got a similar effect to the spell you made. They let the user see in the dark. But only the user. Your little spell allows it the effect to extend to everyone in the group instead of one person, which is something I never quite figured out. My abilities were always focused mostly on elemental and the occasional transmutation magics. Enchantment was something that allowed me to get effects I couldn't normally cast. You should try it. If you bound your spell to a vessel you could make a dark lantern. I would think you'd win show and tell with that one." It would also be metal as hell.