View Single Post

Thread: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

1. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

Shandara's continued search is a bit less fruitful. She does find a chest with waterlogged fabrics that also contain several pieces of jewelry. If the gem-stones are real and the metal is actually gold, she could disassemble them into materials useful for enchanting and holding magical charges, but the pieces look rather cheap. Most of the stones are probably just colored glass held in cheaper metal covered by gold foil, but if one or two are real that would still be useful.

She also finds the remains of a thin silver grate in the bow portion of the ship. A hole is punched clean tot eh middle of the grate, and the grate itself is heavily encrusted with salt. It was just lying on the wooden floorboards, clearly discarded by someone else. However, Shandara can tell that this piece has once been enchanted, to the damage will have wrecked most of said enchantment.

Bolten's search lead him to a room in the ships aft. Entrance is blocked by a heavy door, but it's clear that others had already gotten to it and broken it partially open, leaving enough of a hole at the bottom for the dwarf to crawl through. Inside is a small armor, probably once sued by the ship's contingent of guards. It has already been ransacked, but a pair of steel breastplates still remain, as do several shortswords and spears. The metal has been tarnished somewhat, but not nearly as bad as that of most of the other metal Bolten has found. The armor and weapons where likely well oiled when the ship went under, which protected them at least somewhat.

It takes Shandara a little while to find Ulrik and Ash after she's left the ship behind, but eventually she finds them at a large table at the edge of the square, set under an awning providing at least a little relief from the bright sun beating down on her. Ash is busy poring over a small crate that seems to be filled with alchemical ingredients, though most appear to be quite waterlogged. Ulrik is working over a coupe large wooden beams, scraping off all manner of sea-life and and dumping the in a bucket near Ash. He also seems to have secured a large piece of sail-cloth, which lies neatly folded next to the table.

"Well, I hope you found something useful, because I doubt I could even brew tea with this crap." Ash greets the elf once she joins them at the table. "I mean, it's not quite that bad, but whatever I can still brew up with this moldy mess will not pack much of a punch."
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-09-05 at 02:38 PM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays