View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XIII

1. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XIII

"Always the wind is in the west, these days," said Skender, when Olga complained of the cold. "Where the sun goes to die. Wadim always said, when the wind is in the west, it has death in it."

"Foretelling death is usually a safe bet," said Elsa dryly, her own teeth chattering. "Regardless of which way the wind blows."

She would soon be able to sense for herself if death truly hung in the air.

"Here we are!" said Skender, putting his hands on his hips and grinning. "Morr's Seat. Beautiful, yah?"

Elsa could not tell if Skender was being sarcastic, but she found she did rather like the place, even though it was not 'beautiful' by her own standards. It looked more close-knit than the bustling, hurried, cosmopolitan Savonne—the kind of village where people gathered around campfires to sing and tell tales, where children were raised by the entire community, and where a penniless elder might be sought after for their wisdom instead of being hounded by the city watch for begging on the wrong street corner. Magister Lennhoff, a well-traveled wizard from the Bright Order who had been as far north as Norsca and as far east as the Dark Lands, had once told Elsa that the harshest countries often bred the warmest and most hospitable people; she hoped this was true of the Raven Hills.

"It has a unique charm," she acknowledged. "Now, it might be best if I introduced myself to your... um... the one whose word is the most respected around here. Wouldn't want them to think I'm some sort of spy, hiding from them. I'd also like to meet your keeper of Jackal lore. Mirella or something?"

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is there still a Tilean presence, or have they moved on?

Elsa will also want to know if Arne is here. (Hoping he's not among the bandits killed.)
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2021-10-16 at 10:15 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.