View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XIII

1. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XIII

"You need something, Magister, let us know. Anything at all."

"I'll be fine with a roof and some food," said Elsa, not wanting to be a burden. "And with men who are on their good behavior when Tattie is around."

20th Nachexen

"Good to see you, Magister. Wasn't expecting to see you in here tonight."

Elsa smiled back and sipped her goat milk, utterly determined to acquire the taste for it even if it took twenty tankards. "I'm here to learn, not shake you down for gold like the Tileans, so you don't have to put on the whole song-and-dance for me. The thing with knowledge is, unlike gold, you can share it with others and still keep the one you have. Best currency there is. When I leave this town, we can both be richer than when I arrived."

"Ah, Miruna's a headstrong one. Young, you know. The young think they've got the world all worked out. You might have more luck talking to her father."

"Maybe I would," Elsa allowed. "But does he know the old tales as well as his daughter does? I've been told Miruna was the one to talk to, if I want to learn the lore of the hills."

She raised an eyebrow. "Do you think she'd speak more openly to a girl her own age? One born and bred in the Reaches?"

"I can give you some names, though, if you want. People who've come in from the hills, and say they've seen them. Might be they have more to tell."

"Yes, I'll take those names," said Elsa. In addition to having seen the wolves, those people were no doubt very determined to see them gone so they could return home, and would be inclined to accept any help that presented itself. "Here, let me pay for your meal."

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it's late already, it's probably best to wait until tomorrow before asking questions to the wolf refugees.

I hope I'm not holding everyone up too much...
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2021-10-22 at 10:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.