Elsa, 20th Nachexen

Quote Originally Posted by -Sentinel- View Post
"Maybe I would," Elsa allowed. "But does he know the old tales as well as his daughter does? I've been told Miruna was the one to talk to, if I want to learn the lore of the hills."

She raised an eyebrow. "Do you think she'd speak more openly to a girl her own age? One born and bred in the Reaches?"
Alin shrugged. "She might. Meaning no offence, but you've got something of a reputation round here. There's a lot of young men who didn't come from home from the Burning Hill." He sighed. "Probably there's a fair few who think even I shouldn't be talking to you. But I wouldn't write Danut off, either," he said. "Young Miruna's got a keen ear for the old stories, for sure - she was always hanging around old Wadim. But you've got to know the old lore to be the smith in Morr's Seat, even if you don't blab about it so much."

Quote Originally Posted by -Sentinel- View Post
"Yes, I'll take those names," said Elsa. In addition to having seen the wolves, those people were no doubt very determined to see them gone so they could return home, and would be inclined to accept any help that presented itself. "Here, let me pay for your meal."
"Very kind of you," said Alin, with an easy smile. "It's really no trouble, though. Let me see, now... there's Andor and his family, they're staying with his brother, down by the gate. Ionela and young Miska. Moric, Orso... and of course there's poor Darja, but she's in a spot of trouble with the Sergeant. I think the soldiers are still holding her." He gave Elsa a bright smile. "I can take you round tomorrow, if you like. Everyone knows everyone round here."