"Understood" and Kat fell silent for a good minute, thinking about what exactly to say.
"Oots is protective and loves you a lot. And based on my observation she has always been protective- and even spoke for you, as I understand it. It may have been not the best way, but screaming your hearts out -homewever brief it was- might help her come to terms with the fact that you are not a little kid any longer, and can make your choices and look after yourself. Said that... I think you both should apologize to one another. At the end of the day she is motivated by your bond- and it's not by 'ditching' her that either of you will make a step forward. Screaming at her that she's unneeded may have been too much" Kat said, looking away as she thought about something else.

"I have spent all of my life actively keeping my peers and social relationships with them away from my person- so I should suggest you take my words with a grain of salt'

Hootie couldn't talk, so he just hugged Boots' head with his wings, patting her with familiar intelligence.