Spoiler: OOC: Timing
Show
Most of this happens during the 'follow Kate' portion of the scene, before initiative is rolled; I'm just adding color to it now. If the timing doesn't work out, Molan, let me know.

"Where the hell are you going, Kane?"

The kid hisses this question to himself as, having crossed the street and scrabbled up on another rooftop anticipating that to be the trajectory of the Dame's direction, he finds she is ultimately heading to the side of the street he was on anyway. Perched on the edge of a building, he huffs in irritation at the warrioress's unpredictability - or rather, in projection at his own disappointment in his skills of discernment. The bat guiding her - almost certainly Oracle's creature - seems excitable, though he cannot tell if that counts as urgency. But a juvenile sense of refusal - the kind that forbids one to step on any of the white tiles if you can step on all the black ones - forbids him from crossing the street on foot, again, spoiling any stealth approach he might have had. So he pulls his last Longstrider potion from his pack and tosses it back, feels the familiar strength infusing his little legs, aims at the ledge on the other side of the main street, and jumps.

The feat would be called superhuman, for those not initiated in the mysteries of the League of Shadows. From a crouching start, the boy turns into a horizontal blur of red and green that scythes through the intervening air in total silence and lands with eerie gentleness on the rooftop on the other side.

Spoiler: OOC Mechanics and stuff!
Show
Jump skill is 12. Ninjas can make jumps from a standing start as if they had a run up. Taking ten, Damien can normally jump 22-6 for 16ft in a bound. The potion of Longstrider increases his move speed to 30ft, eliminating the -6 penalty for his 'halfling' move speed. So with a Take 10, he can bounce 22ft. And my once-per-scene use of the skill trick Extreme Leap means that if I jump 10ft or more in a round, I can use a swift action to extend the jump by 10 ft, to a muscular 32f leap from a crouching start, all the way to the other side of the street.

It's about that point that I think the initiative kicks in? If that's so, this is Damien's action for the round:

After touching down, he can see the curve of the alley path up ahead; though not what it holds; and after vaulting across the intervening space between one house and the next, he creeps up to peer over the edge and take in the scene below.