Spoiler: OOC
Show
Jump skill is 12. Ninjas can make jumps from a standing start as if they had a run up. Taking ten, Damien can normally jump 22-6 for 16ft in a bound. The potion of Longstrider increases his move speed to 30ft, eliminating the -6 penalty for his 'halfling' move speed. So with a Take 10, he can bounce 22ft. And my once-per-scene use of the skill trick Extreme Leap means that if I jump 10ft or more in a round, I can use a swift action to extend the jump by 10 ft, to a muscular 32f leap from a crouching start, all the way to the other side of the street.
I love this. Love it.

Anyway you are "in" initiative order but you're still hidden so you can act with surprise.

As Damien peered over the edge of the roof, he could see the silhouettes of three figures, illuminated by the glow of their angry, crackling enchanted weapons, turn and advance "east", towards the alley Kate was walking into from the main road. Between the men and the alley, Damien saw Oracle, hooded and masked and shrouded in darkness, with a halo of knives spinning around her body.

There was a body on the ground behind the men -- he couldn't tell if it was a corpse or just a mortally wounded adversary, but whoever it was was bleeding out on the ground, as though the men with the magical glowing swords had just cut him to pieces.

One of the blades glowed purple, the other two were blue. One of the blue blades was longer than the others. He had no idea why Oracle had challenged the thugs, but the bleeding body on the ground behind them seemed like as good a hint as any.

As they approached, Kate walked through the alley, Julius hovering over her head. She saw the men approaching at the same time as they saw her.