"Do it." He offers promptly to Maiabel; his posture indicating an assumption that his wound - minor as it happens to be - is to be addressed first. The horn of the ramfish has cut beneath the cuirass and torn chain and skin beneath; a fleshwound only. But it was his wound; and therefore more severe in nature to anyone else's. Within that ostensibly selfish act was an acknowledgement of the weird, lopsided symbiosis between master and servant; in the dark logic of their heirarchy, it was good, even noble, for him to permit her to endure her own pains for his comfort.

"Don't flog yourself, Cypher. If we had known, we would have done too well. Our primary goal here was not victory in itself, but to secure our relationship with Zukad and his scoundrels. We needed to project strength, without casting the enemy as weak. Now the pirates know that there are enemies drawn to their waters that come not just with boarding hooks and ballistae; but druid-tricks and leviathans against which they are largely powerless. Zukad came out here wondering if I was a partner worth retaining in coalition. He'll leave with the suspicion that in due time, he will be coming to me for protection from horned-fish and the ravages of an unfriendly sea like he has not known. So bloodied and victorious with a mauled ship as prize - that, I think, is the best outcome we could have wanted. But you are right in that we did not know what we ought might now, about the Horse Clan. And we have invited their wrath, now. Make them, and any clans that specifically oppose them, your priority ahead."

Finally, he turns his eyes to the chest again, and gives Sharkan a nod of approval. "She is your prisoner, then; make of her what you will. If you discover any useful information or skill out of her, I expect to know. Did you find a manifest for the ship at all, or set eyes on the rest of the cargo? This - whatever it is - may be impressive, but is hardly worth a whole ship's worth of carry. Cypher - spring the lock on it. Let us see what our blood has bought, and for what such good men would die so valorously."