Quote Originally Posted by RedMage125 View Post
Pretty sure that's actually canon...
Sorry for the late reply. Yes and no, because the debate on whether Good and Evil are cosmic or karmic forces changes from game to game.

Quote Originally Posted by Luccan View Post
I'm considering moving Kobolds to be seen in-universe as a descriptor for "those tiny, thieving, violent things that aren't goblins or our local murderous amphibians". Some kobolds are dog people, some are tiny dragon/lizard folk. Others are more like bipedal rats and then some are based on those early mammal-reptile ancestors I can't remember the name of (which I might have read the idea for in this thread).
Goblins, kobolds, faeries, pixies and brownies are actually just exchangable descriptions for the average D&D commoner to describe "tiny ugly humanoids" that robbed us, killed some of our livestock and are generally ugly to be around. When described that a group of goblins has raided a nearby farm, make sure to get a proper description, else your group might be caught in a weird game of fey origin as said goblins are suddenly brownies and other fey instead of the expected low level mooks.

Remember, the farmer has half a dozen hearty children, a wife and a toolshed full of make-shift weapons. He could fend of something as poorly coordinated as a goblin raid. Fey however? Their grandma has told them not to screw with fey.