Quote Originally Posted by tzurk View Post
@Old Harry - cheers for the clarification! I'd love to see this expanded to work with archers; though I'm not sure how reducing spell ranges to touch will work out there.
That's why i added "original spell" to the wording (While wielding a bonded weapon, you can replace any spell attack roll with a weapon attack roll, if the target is within range of both the original spell and the weapon), meaning to use the range of the spell as it is BEFORE it is reduced to touch. It should work, maybe i have to polish the wording a bit.

Spellcasting Focus working with a sword and shield in hand was exactly what I was trying to talk about haha.
Hahaha, sorry, English is not my native language^^

Eldritch Blast fits the name; I'm not sure if it combo-ing with Weapon Bond is a great idea - e.g. 2d10+2d8 damage - although writing this out just now makes me realise that without Invocation support it probably is fine? The real issue would come through a Warlock multi class to turn that into 2d10+2d8+2*Cha, and then 3d10+3d8+3*Cha at 11, and so on. Not sure if multi classing is on your radar as a homebrewer though.
That's right, that's why I wasn't able to sleep well tonight thinking about this XD. I think I will temporarily fix it by writing a special cantrip (the most eligible name at the moment is Eldritch Shot), same as Eldritch Blast but with a d6 or a d8 instead of the d10. Anyway, I don't want to build the subclass around a single cantrip or spell, so I want to see if I can come up with an alternative.