Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
Aetheric Assistance

The fox snarls and raises her hackles, snapping her gaze back towards Jaahlyn. The offense she clearly feels towards her is great, but she seems to hold herself back from just lunging towards her.

"Mn, a clever little sheep you are. Offers up the flock to save itself. No matter, I'll play your game. I know the role of the patient hunter." Those pupils shift back onto Anastasia for a moment, whose own stance and expression has not changed. She still seems hurt and angry, but she also seems defiant. Stubborn. An amount of spine on display that the dream-entity clearly approves of.

"We must feed on the source of spirit to sate a void in our soul." The fox turns bitter, almost vindictive. "It's a void that they tear into us, too jealous and vile to see us reborn. Too hateful to just let us be fruitful and prosper - no, instead they try to drag us back down to them like crabs in a bucket."

"So what, you- forced yourself into control? You could have gotten us imprisoned, even killed!"

"We would have starved if I hadn't! All your life, you only fed me with meagre scraps. Stale flesh with only a pale residue of the essence we need for us to survive, let alone let our kind prosper and thrive. I only wish you'd been awake to feel the true ecstasy of blood-soaked spirit with me, the wonderful flood of hepatic fluid down our throat. I brought us to that park to hunt, and I fed us with a spirit defined enough to give our kind a chance at new life."

The fox's eyes shift down towards Ana's tails, stuck out all puffed and straight. "Now our pack has been doubled within and without. Even if the rutting vixen lacks the urge to run with us."

"Gross."
Aetheric Assistance

"Goat." Jaahlyn quickly corrects without even thinking.
If she was going to keep talking like that she might turn into a goat which wouldn't be great in this situation.

The satyr clears her voice. "Whose 'they' exactly?" She had her suspicions but it would be good to get them confirmed. "And just so you know, beast. If you are anything like the 'rutting vixen' you don't actually need to feed. Since you also know what happens when you reach the number nine, right? You die as surely as your victims." Not... quite correct, but this creature probably didn't know that.