Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
They had a more fascinating answer for why the Reaper's do what they do, but then it got leaked and EA forced Bioware's hand on changing it.

Also I LIKE the Reaper threat. It's fascinating! Reminds me of the Shadows from Babylon 5, or the Ur'quan from Star Control 2. But with a unique spin on'em.
Well I guess the Reapers could've been better executed. like in my opinion, they pushed the galactic extinction angle too soon. they should've given the normal setting more time to just be itself. to allow smaller plots to play out. like maybe, the Reapers could've been something more mysterious and taken longer to find out about? maybe make their mortal-farming something more gradual and played for horror, something that allows for more mystery and investigation. really play up all the creepy and screwed up stuff about them....and probably don't voice them in speech. voicing an entity inevitably humanizes them, which doesn't work for the kind of beyond human ken horrors these things are.

it was something about biotics doing something to stars or whatever. I just wish Mass Effect had more stuff y'know? more good stories put out about it. but instead its trapped in EA hell.