If you don’t like how every martial picks either Str or Dex, you could do what a lot of games do and have accuracy and power key off of different ability scores. For example, make everyone use Dex for attack rolls and Str for damage rolls. Nobody gets to use Str to hit or add Dex to damage. Of course, if you’re reimagining the ability scores, you probably want to address the other idiosyncrasies too. For example, physique is split into two different stats, Str for offensive physique, and Con for defensive physique. Either those should be merged into one, or Dexterity should be split into accuracy and avoidance, for attack rolls and AC, respectively.

I never really felt D&D got its own casting stats right. Clerics should use Cha, and so should all deity-themed casters. The entire reason a deity invests power into them is so they can go and proselytize to the masses, bringing more worshipers to the deity. Wisdom should be reserved for nature-themed casters. All arcane casters should use Int, even Sorcerers. Arcane magic is arcane, a synonym for complex and difficult to understand.

But I do support the idea of making all casting key off of a single ability score. I’d just make it a new ability score that doesn’t do anything else. If someone wants to build a spellcaster, they shouldn’t be pigeon-holed into being charming. They also shouldn’t be pigeon-holed into being brainiacs or … whatever you call people with high Wisdom scores. Wise guys? Yeah, that sounds right.