View Single Post

Thread: Empire 7: Into the Depths IC Thread

1. - Top - End - #279
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Empire 7: Into the Depths IC Thread

Unrest Actions: Round 10

Global Events

A strange calm settles over the world. For a short time, things are restful.

Spoiler: Polar
    Show

Brewing Trouble
    [reactivating sub-roe tine]
    [state: you grow wise to my tricks, old friend]
    [commit: i am watching you always]
    [commit: every move you make, i am watching.]
    [commit: strength comes from adversity]
    [sub-roe tine returning to inactive mode]
    The mysterious force continues its assault on the Aristocratic Support of Coresite (Region 58).

Spoiler: Continuing Events
    Show
    Spoiler: Alinus Ernost, Rogue Agent
    Show
    Every round, Alinus will perform one hostile action in her currently infiltrated country, after which she will usually attempt to move on. Actions Alinus may perform on her own are ordinarily limited to Theft, Disrupting Trade, Undermining Supports, Inciting Treason or Sparking Rebellion. She will not attempt to steal Technology, Artifacts, or Specialized Ships of her own accord, but will steal Treasure. She is not capable of carrying out Special Actions, even if acting on behalf of another who is.

If Alinus is subject to counter-espionage or an attempt to root out spies, that will be checked before she attempts her hostile action. If these or other circumstances (such as failing an action by a sufficient margin) would cause her to be forced to exfiltrate, she will (rather than exfiltrating to her home country) attempt to infiltrate another country sharing a cultural exchange, trade route, border, or vassal/liege relation ship with the country she is exfiltrating from. If there are no such countries, or if she fails her infiltration, she is captured instead. If her country of origin would be revealed, it is instead revealed that the agent had no affiliation.

If a country wishes to recruit Alinus, they may do so using an Incite Betrayal special action. This still requires a spy infiltrated in the same location as Alinus at the same time. Alinus will resist attempts to recruit her with her Spy score. If successful, she will become a Double Agent under the control of the country taking the action. If the action fails, either due to Alinus resisting or an illegal attempt (due to Alinus not actually being infiltrated where the player attempting to recruit her thought she was, for example), the special action will be refunded as normal.

Further rules for Alinus may emerge over time, as she develops her skills, gathers more equipment, and expands her own personal network.

Starting in round 9, owned regions with Reaved supports may see their other Supports begin to progress towards rebellion if the supports are not rebuilt.

An unknown entity is attempting to infiltrate the supports of Deep Blue.
    Last edited by Silent_Interim; 2022-08-19 at 08:59 PM.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.