View Single Post

Thread: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler In-Character II

1. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler In-Character II

When Levi activates the baleful utterance the orb shatters to smithereens. The icy mist fades from the room and the floor quickly begins to thaw. The ice blocks begin to melt, but it will take awhile for that much ice to melt away. It seems the danger is gone.

No XP is gained because you have maximum XP.

The team, having fire breath weapons and the like at their disposal, easily melt the ice around the two rogues, Krik and Jenny as well as the treasure chest.

Krik and Jenny fall out of the ice, dead. Abigail's examination reveals they suffocated some time ago. If somehow they hadn't needed to breath, hypothermia likely would've gotten them next. It's hard to tell exactly how long they've been dead due to the preservative nature of the ice.

Between the fallen delvers and the treasure chest, there is a veritable hoard of treasure (mundane items, or items with no sell value such as haversacks not included):
    Krik had:
    • +2 dagger
    • A magic ring giving +5 competence on sleight of hand (market value: 2,500)
    • An ornate jade statue with the symbol of Liselle's old gang (market value: 2,000) - this item doesn't seem like it would be especially important, but no other items have any relevance to the gang.

Jenny was well equipped with elven gear, despite being a halfling:
    • Cloak of Elvenkind
    • Boots of Elvenkind
    • 3 doses of Black Lotus Extract

The treasure chest contained:
    • 12,500gp
    • Periapt of Health +2

Gulin's haversack contained:
    An extremely annoying intelligent quarterstaff! The staff speaks telepathically with a high-pitch whiny noise that would give just about anyone a headache.

"I'm Staffy the Staff! Thank you for taking me out of that stuffy haversack and nice to meet you. If you try to wield me to kill things, I will Dimension Door you in a random direction as often as I can! I am an intelligent object and I demand respect. Put me down immediately. If I want to go somewhere, I'll go there myself."

Spoiler: Intelligent item stats
    Show

Market price: 60,000gp
    +1/+1 Quarterstaff
    Int: 17, Wis: 10, Cha 17
    Telepathic, can read any language or magic text, can cast Dimension Door on itself and its wielder at-will.
    Ego: 12 (When held, every round of combat, Staffy the Staff requires you to make a Will Save DC: 22 or else it takes control and consumes your standard action to Dimension Door you 680ft in a random direction. This happens immediately upon the initiative roll and every round after until Staffy the Staff has "rescued" you from the combat or combat ends by some other means.)
    The wielder of Staffy the Staff can call upon its ability to Dimension Door at-will at a Caster Level of 7.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-09-02 at 12:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.