Quote Originally Posted by loky1109 View Post
Even if I agree with you about swords... Well, there are numbers of weapons. For example humanoid shaped mace, why not?
Example: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c9/39/24/c...-indonesia.jpg
It isn't photorealistic, yes, but I see no obstacles to make photorealistic human-mace in the similar manner.
That isn't shaped like a human, it's shaped to resemble a human. The two are completely different in concept. Humanoid as a prerequisite provides much greater flexibility, but it must still have arms, head, and torso. The mace shown functionally has only one conceptually. And were the arms to be crafted outward to create actual arms, could it realistically be called a functional weapon instead of a decorative piece made to resemble a weapon? A functional weapon is designed to be durable. Making such weak points on purpose to better resemble a humanoid makes it hard to argue that the function is to be a weapon. Improvised weapons cover the catch-all weapons category. What should really be asked, is a table used as a club a club or a table? What would you have to do to make the table a club instead of an improvised club?