View Single Post

Thread: Chult Hex Crawl - IC

1. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Chult Hex Crawl - IC

Ah yes! Patience long rewarded!, the thoughts of a muddy and tired Nolwenn when she pulls the jewelry cases out of the secret compartment. The sudden windfall even distracts her momentarily from the fact that the chiefs twelve daughters or wife or whoever these belonged to are certainly dead. She catches a glance at Draelin and his chest while she's walking outside to get her picks from her bag but doesn't bother him, instead settling into the task at hand: getting the jewelry boxes open.

Naturally, they seem to be beyond the skill of an amateur burglar. Try as she might, and she goes down the whole line of picks in her pouch trying to get one to work, Nolwenn can't make progress on any of the boxes. She sits down with a huff and takes a break from glaring at her inconceivably-still-locked nemesis to admire the rings and necklaces and bangles from the broken box. Maybe I should just break it open, these ones seem fine... she muses but then shakes her head and stands up, maybe Draelin is having better luck back in the main room.

I found where they kept the valuables, but they're locked up tight," the wizard announces as she enters, jewelry boxes stacked in her hands and with necklaces draped over her arms, ""a little sparse compared to some of the things I've seen my mother wear, but taken as a whole they should be worth a lot...

And she almost drops all of it when she sees what Draelin's found. Her eyes go wide are immediately drawn to the headdress and cape. Setting down the boxes with almost trancelike slowness, she passes Draelin and Red on the way to the cape while casting a spell to scrub the grime from her hands and touches its fluffy feathers. "Oh! They're so fluffy and colorful!" she exclaims, "where did you find these?"
    Last edited by The Hellbug; 2022-12-01 at 07:08 PM.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.