Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
(Evil)

(…)

It delights in taunting and toying with its prey, repeatedly releasing it and then pouncing again just as the victim is about to reach safety, quickly siphoning out the hope
Yup. That jerk's a cat alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Beni-Kujaku View Post
Anyway, I want to like everything here. Alacrity, Pounce, nice ability scores, Outsider type (making the -4 Int almost irrelevant), a great poison that can be applied to any kind of claw (Totemist is an easy progression, maybe with a rogue dip?), immune to mind-affecting, and good SR and DR. However, no manipulator barring Gloves of Man, no reach, lowish natural armor and -4 Int make me think that it is barely enough for 14 RHD. The real problem is how many things are immune to poison at this level (between 1/3 and 1/2 of monsters above CR 14). If it had 12 or 13 RHD, I'd have said LA+0 without a second thought. With 14, I think [B]LA-0[B] is more appropriate.
With Pounce, that DEX score and especially Alacrity this one just invites a comparison to whirlpounce barbarian – and it handily pulls ahead. Even with Gloves of Man, it still has two extra attacks from the remaining claws plus one (or something else entirely, like the chance to activate one of those pesky standard action command magic items) from Alacrity. NA is low, but it also has a +4 untyped armour bonus that applies to touch. It has all good saves plus a blanket immunity to mind-affecting. A barbarian needs an INT score of 14+ to match its skill points/level, and the skill list is not half bad. With that many RHD it will never be anything other than a beatstick, but it outbeatsticks quite some beatsticks with ease. The poison? It's a ribbon alright, but using it costs nothing (it is carried by what this ugly does anyway) and if it works…

I'll go with a tentative +0, but +1 doesn't seem outlandish.