Val's arrival was not as ostentatious as she would like. After passing her red-brown mare, Veverka, off to the stablehand, she walked in and didn't really order anything. For one, the barkeep seemed overworked. For two, she wasn't here to spend she was here to earn. She'd heard tale of need to send women and men-at-arms into the forests, and no wonder how a place governed by a "Lord" had failed to adequately secure its border. But... best not to be openly critical of the cultures of those you are visiting. In Perunalia they had something called tact.
As the second daughter and seventh child of a Baroness, a noble title that is technically not even hereditary (though the Duchess assigning a barony outside of its original family was almost unheard of), Valentınka was not a landed knight, giving her the dubious title of "Knight Errant." Still, tales of noble wandering Knights out in search of good deeds and adventure had filled her childhood. In a certain sense, she was living the dream. Well, not yet. First she needed a quest. And a squire wouldn't hurt, but that was really only worth it if she was planning to commit to the "Knight Errant" thing in the long-term. If it couldn't restore wealth and status to her family name, and her sister was right... well, she might have to give this up and try something else. Still, with the horse she'd grown up with, the sword her aunt gave her, and a heart of noble courage, Val was going to restore her family's honor or die.
She listened calmly to the tale of the White Forest, and the warning.
"These adventurers," she said. "Why were they in the White Forest? Just to rescue you?"

Spoiler: OOC
Show
Yes that's right, I spent basically all of my money on a war horse. If Veverka dies I think I just cry.