View Single Post

Thread: 5e Adventures in Midgard 5e IC

1. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: 5e Adventures in Midgard 5e IC

The heavy oak door of the inn crashed open with a thunderous boom, the force of the impact shaking the entire building. The sound echoed through the corridors, startling the patrons and causing them to turn and stare in the direction of the entrance. As the door swung open, a gust of cold air rushed into the warm, cozy inn, bringing with it a sense of foreboding. The door seemed to hang in the air for a moment, suspended by the force of its own momentum, before it finally came to a rest against the wall. The innkeeper, who had been tending to the fireplace in the corner, looked up in alarm at the commotion. He watched as a figure emerged from the darkness outside, silhouetted against the flickering light of the lanterns hanging from the porch.

The miller stumbled into the common room of the inn, his arms flailing wildly as he tried to maintain his balance. He was a tall, lanky man with a bushy beard and wild, unkempt hair, and he looked as though he had just come in from a long day of work at the mill. His face was covered in sweat and grime, and his clothes were covered in flour and bits of grain. He had a canvas bag slung over his shoulder, and as he stumbled into the room, the contents of the bag spilled out onto the floor. The other patrons of the inn turned to look at the miller as he stumbled in, their expressions ranging from amusement to disgust. The innkeeper, who had been tending to the fireplace in the corner, looked up in alarm as the miller stumbled towards the bar.

"What in blazes is going on here?" the innkeeper demanded, his brow furrowed in anger. "You can't just come in here and make a mess like that!"

The miller tried to apologize, but his words were slurred and incoherent. He seemed to be in a state of high excitement, as if he had just heard some great news or had a few too many drinks. He had been out in the White Forest with his daughter, collecting firewood for the mill, when they had gotten lost. "We had been out in the forest all day, and the sun was starting to set," the miller said, his voice shaking with emotion. "I knew we had to get back to the mill before it got dark, but somehow we got turned around and ended up in a part of the forest we had never been before. The trees were so dense and the underbrush was so thick that we couldn't see more than a few feet in front of us." The other patrons of the inn listened with concern as the miller told his tale, their eyes filled with worry for the miller and his daughter. The innkeeper, who had been tending to the fireplace in the corner, looked up in alarm at the miller's words. "We wandered for what felt like hours, calling out for help but getting no response," the miller continued, his voice strained with exhaustion. "My daughter was scared and cold, and I was starting to get worried. I had no idea how we were going to get out of the forest alive." The miller sat at the bar of the inn, his eyes wide and his face animated as he told his story to the other patrons. He had just returned from the White Forest, and he had a wild tale to tell about his encounter with a pack of goblins that had been riding monstrous creatures that looked like a combination of snakes, spiders, and scorpions. "I was out collecting firewood for the mill when I heard this strange hissing noise," the miller said, his voice shaking with excitement. "I turned around and saw these things coming at me, all writhing and slithering like they were alive. And on top of them were these goblins, cackling and howling like they were having the time of their lives." The other patrons of the inn listened with a mixture of fascination and disbelief as the miller told his tale. Some of them shook their heads, convinced that the miller had had a few too many drinks and was just making things up. Others, however, leaned in closer, their eyes wide with wonder as they listened to the miller's story. "I tried to run, but the creatures were too fast," the miller continued, his voice growing more agitated as he remembered the terror of the moment. "I could feel their hot breath on my neck, and I knew I was a goner." The miller sat at the bar of the inn, his face pale and his eyes red with tears as he told his story to the other patrons. "The goblins took my daughter!" the miller cried, his voice choked with grief. "I don't know where they took her or what they want with her, but I have to find her and bring her home."

The other patrons of the inn listened to the miller's story with shock and horror, their hearts heavy with sorrow for the miller and his daughter. They knew that the White Forest was a dangerous place, and that the miller and his daughter had been lucky to escape with their lives. But now, the miller's daughter was in the hands of the goblins, and the miller knew that he had to do whatever it took to rescue her. He vowed to track down the goblins and bring his daughter home, no matter what the cost.

The barmaid stood behind the bar, her heart heavy as she listened to the miller's tale of his daughter being stolen by goblins. She had been tending to her duties when the miller had stumbled into the inn, his face pale and his eyes red with tears. "I don't know what to do," the miller said, his voice choked with grief. "I have to find my daughter and bring her home, but I don't even know where to start." The barmaid could see the pain and desperation in the miller's eyes, and her heart went out to him. She knew that the White Forest was a dangerous place, and that the miller's daughter was in grave danger. "I'm so sorry, Miller Elienas," the barmaid said, placing a comforting hand on the miller's shoulder. "I wish I could help you, but I don't know what to do either." The miller looked up at the barmaid with a hopeless expression, his eyes filled with despair. "I don't know how I'm going to find my daughter," he said, his voice barely above a whisper. "I don't even know where to start looking." The barmaid looked at the miller with a sad smile, her heart aching for the man's pain. She knew that there was little she could do to help him, but she couldn't just stand by and do nothing. "I'll ask around and see if anyone knows anything about the goblins and where they might have taken your daughter," the barmaid said, her voice filled with determination. "Maybe someone has seen something or knows something that can help us." The miller looked at the barmaid with a glimmer of hope in his eyes, grateful for her support and kindness. He knew that it was a long shot, but he was willing to try anything to find his daughter and bring her home. As the barmaid set off to ask around the inn and see if anyone had any information about the goblins, the miller sat at the bar, his head in his hands as he tried to come up with a plan. He knew that it was going to be a long and difficult journey, but he was determined to do whatever it took to rescue his daughter and bring her home.
    Last edited by Marcarius5555; 2022-12-25 at 10:18 PM.