This is a tornado composed of magical ninja stars. That is so cool. But so dumb. But so cool. I want a Sharknado sequel with that thing as the main threat, and Jeff Goldblum telling everyone, with the voice of someone who knows he is saying something very intelligent, that this is a very natural occurence, as all the ninja stars people keep at home get magnetized by thunderstorms and start flying towards each other. We'll make millions of dollars, believe me.

I really love how someone in the D&D universe once sat at a table, thought long and hard about how best to break fortifications, then concluded "Like, adamantine weapons go through hard stuff, right? But the guy who has them in his hands, he can get killed. And then, like, the enemy has our adamantine weapons. So, hear me out, what if, like adamantine weapons wielded adamantine weapons? But adamantine weapons make narrow cuts, right, so they can't go through their own cuts. But! We can, like, make them, like, really tiny! That way, they can cut the enemy walls, and then go through their own cuts!". And then everybody agreed and paid 85 grand just to make that a reality.

Mechanically, a shredstorm is a swarm of Fine Constructs. At first glance, it should be absolutely unbreakable, but Construct immunities don't do much for a swarm, already immune to basically all mind-affecting and death effects. And the construct type is really suboptimal for a swarm. No intelligence, almost no skills, no Con to boost your HP, Fine size so no Construct bonus HP, and no good saving throw to ensure you're going to die to the first Fireball coming your way. I guess that still makes you immune to Circle of Death and Waves of Exhaustion. 90ft (perfect) flying is always good, but -4 Str, +12 Dex, _ Con, _ Int, +0 Wis, +0 Cha is really bad.
The blades also count as both adamantine and magic to hit incorporeal creatures and to bypass damage reduction. That's really good. The bane of all swarms have always been damage reduction, which reduces their already weak damage output to basically nothing. Still, the scaling of swarm damage is so slow that it should not matter much in the long run. The most interesting thing about the Shredstorm is that the blades are magnetized. By dynamo effect, moving magnets can create an electrical current. That makes the shredstorm immune to electricity, able to deal 2d6 additional damage per swarm attack, and to fire a CL 14 Lightning Bolt once per 2d6 hour. But once again, none of that scales, and it's only pure damage. The question is, as often with swarms, "where to go next?". I am tempted to suggest Acolyte of the Skin. It would give you something to do with your standard action, but mostly just to be able to say "I'm not a demon, I'm ten thousand shurikens in a trenchcoat!". It's honestly pretty hard to find a prestige class whose very prerequisites are not a huge hurdle for a creature who will not be a caster, who can't make regular attacks, who can't play any instrument (no voice, no hands), and with one skill point per level with no class skill. The only option I found would be the Purple Dragon Knight, with Marshall levels before. I'd even consider going PsyWar despite the non-manifesting racial hit dice. Maybe Noble or Dragon Chaman, but I'm not convinced... Do you have an idea? Anyway, 4 RHD, DLA-8, in other words: don't play that.

Great monster, awful PC. That should be the title for the next iteration of this thread. Next time, we will have another pretty good monster, the natural evolution and fusion of two iconic monster manual 1 monsters: the Shrieking Terror!