Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
I just had a gang of TERFs on twitter calling me a misogynist for wanting to be a woman.

Like... I hate women so much that I desperately want to be one? What kind of sense does that make?

Anyone else ever experience something like that?
I think the original argument comes from Janice Raymond's The Transsexual Empire, which argues that trans women reinforce gender stereotypes and "rape women's bodies by reducing the real female form to an artifact."

It "makes sense" in that it's logically consistent. But obviously the argument is transmisogynistic, morally disgusting, and wildly untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
Either way, the answer is the same: Block them. Don't even give them the courtesy of a "go **** yourselves." Any response you could give them they'll take as validation.
I think this is right and wise advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
I mean, atm I'm more concerned with the 'we must protect trans people from themselves' line of argument, because it's so pervasive over here that it's depressing. As in 'I only talk about being GQ with half of my parents because internalised transphobia is that strong over here'. I know people who believe that trans people didn't exist before GAS was developed, which is its own can of worms.
"Protect the kids," right? Old, nasty argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
So...

For those of you who liked Rain by Jocelyn Samara, she has recently started her new comic, My Impossible Soulmate.

It is still at the time I post this, under 30 pages in, but here is a link to the Warnings page

Hopefully you all enjoy it!
Pretty neat! I'm not sure I'm interested in Samara's work, but Rain was one of the first webcomics I knew that starred trans people. Cool that she's working on more.