The report of Norsca broadly is not unlike its typical arrangement. The tribes are fractious, and bicker. In the far east of Norsca, the Baersonling clash with the Aesling. In the middle of Norsca, the Varg and the Sarl continue brawling in the passes between the mountains. Locally - this part you already knew - the Skaeling and Bjornling have been going back and forth burning each other's villages; but a Skaeling host burned out one of the Bjornling's tries entire, and from that position negotiated a cessation of hostilities - however long it lasts. It's a neccessary pause - to the north, the Graeling threaten both Skaeling and Bjornling, capable of swooping in and plundering either if it is left too weak or overextended. Parties of Graeling scouts are already making their way beyond the mountains and trying their luck, probing with attacks for response. That's as much of the reason for you guarding this wagon as any other - the Graeling might knock it over and burn it just to stir up further conflict between the Bjornling and Skaeling.

"The sighted one, yes - he drives the band that has been tearing up the Bjornling clans. Not the greatest Norscan in stature, as some are; but furious and deadly in battle. Touched by the Hound, some say. They call him sighted because he has four eyes - two as normal and two right below them." He taps his face with middle and forefingers touching just below his eyelids. "All the better to see his prey, I suppose. They say he was once a simple slave-taker; he sold his prisoners to Bjorning, Skaeling and Sarl. But touched now by the blood god, he no longer takes to the sea at all. I think - oh...?"

Haggur pulls his team of oxen to a halt. The lightly snowed-over path ahead is blocked by a great log - oddly straight and smooth, jumbled with ropes and what seems like heaped cloth; but it smacks of the oldest ambush trick in the book...

Spoiler: OOC:
Show
Time to get to work. Give me a Perception test, with +20 from your thralls helping as you inspect this zone; and draw your weapons, if you think that's appropriate!