Macharius chuckles when the "Stalker" is revealed. Clever, Lady Alia. And entirely suitable.

He throws himself into the festivities, attending all the parties, making small talk, and basking in his newfound celebrity. Rebuilding House Absalom isn't solely about increasing its material wealth and the size of its fleet; the House's stature needs to be raised as well. That includes making sure that all the right people are saying all the right things about his heroism.

When Alia tells him her aunt has died, he bows formally. I understand. There is much to be done in such times. My condolences on your loss, Lady Kindjal. May your leadership guide your House well.

After she turns away, he drops his glass on the floor, coincidentally next to the dropped note. Williams rushes to pick it up, sweeping up the letter as he does so. Macharius pays him no heed.How terribly clumsy of me. I suppose it's a sign I've had enough amasec. Or far too little, hoho!

He takes another glass and rejoins the conversation.

------------------------------------------
Anika

True. Technically, that is true of Lady Alia as well. No one could have done this alone, unless they were both a skilled warrior and an extremely savvy heretek. The explosions in the underhive were, of course, us killing their heretek allies. I think casting suspicion on the House as a whole is part of the plan. Nothing provable, but another little crack in their reputation, a cause for rumor and suspicion... with enough little pinpricks, even the strongest house can be brought low.