Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
Spoiler
Show
I had the opposite reaction. Snoke always felt like a knockoff Palpatine, so when Ren killed him I got really interested all of a sudden. It was a shocking twist that they really could have done something with if they had followed up on it properly. Both Kylo Ren and Snoke mirrored characters from the OT, with Ren being Darth Vader and Snoke being Palpatine. Kylo Ren wanted to be Darth Vader, but lacked the maturity and self control of his grandfather. He was a pale shadow of Vader...right up until he did something Vader never could by killing his Sith master. Snoke became a really cool character by dying when he did to further Kylo Ren's storyline.

Then they threw all that character development away by bringing Palpatine back and reverting Ren back to his TFA characterization.
I feel the same way.
Spoiler
Show
At the end of tLJ , we had this great setup where Ren has won. He's got everything he thought he wanted. Snoke is dead, and the First Order answers to him. The RebelsResistance are defeated and fleeing.

I was looking forward to a Star Wars where one of the stories was the Dragon who turned to the Dark Side getting his triumphant victory, and seeing how he dealt with that. I expected him to either realize it really meant nothing to him, or to go mad with power.

Instead we got a giant reset button, where he goes back to being a Dragon (terrible characterization) and his story was just a replay of Vader's. Sure, there were a few differet notes, but it was the same theme. It was such a waste.