Quote Originally Posted by BetweenComments View Post
Spoiler: The Inspiration
Show

I have very mixed feelings on this subclass.

On one hand it is mechanically well executed and extremely unique. Like, how it completely changes how your character functions yet still thematically is so in line for a Bard is, well, inspiring.

On the other hand I'm really worry how fun this is to play. Like outside of other people pr'ing how they miss you, this subclass completely shuts you out of the Roleplaying part of a tabletop RPG. It's... I mean I get its core to the concept of being a martyr or muse, but the ability to not interact on the world outside of distributing buffs to others I feel could get quickly boring.

Maybe as a slight rework this could turn you into some type of familiar for the whole party? It would keep the mechanical effects but allow you to have agency of your own.
Thankyou for your feedback! Yes, i have the same concerns, but i think I will try to push on the "What would it do in my place?" feature before reworking anything.

The idea is that the player can continue to take an active part in the investigative and deductive processes of the campaign, while also maintaining a minimum but acceptable level of interaction with the world through a sort of "temporary possession" on a willing creature.

I hope to find the time to make these fixes!