"Your constant need to define a relative title," says Myki as she follows in, "is inefficient, as it is not a socially accepted title born of something achieved ... or failed. It is based on a quality that is outside of my ability to control. Therefore, you are simply ignorant of its effect as a pejorative, or you seek to establish psychological dominance because all of your muscles fail you when it comes to your self-esteem. Attempting the likely-prepared, 'but it is a true statement' is meager and threadbare when posited against my previous statement. Truth can be used as a weapon. Before speaking, don't just ask 'Is it true?' ... but also ask 'Is it kind?'"

She walks the length of the path and back, looking into both sides of the plant area, and then beckons the rest of the party in. "Clear. I don't recommend a search because we're not here to rob a man's house, but to verify and rescue an alleged kidnapping victim. But I'm just an outside contractor. Do what you do, or don't, and let's move on."