View Single Post

Thread: Cosmic Hunters (OOC)

1. - Top - End - #484
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Cosmic Hunters (OOC)

Extra-Real Shadow Magic. I've typically interpreted realism above 100% to have been intended—in this headspace one views it as "natural" given that it falls straight out of class and prestige mechanics, and it's basically just like an automatic metamagic, so good but not that much crazier than DMM builds. Though I should revisit one of the unintended implications of this, namely that saving against the spell makes it even worse, which in turn creates counterintuitive incentives on the player's end. In the past over the table I've ruled that illusionists can make their spells automatic saves for the recipient, though not in this context.

Shadow Cookies. I've no problem with this and it works per RAW. There's a little bit of extrapolation needed on my part to assess how damage mechanics works for these flung objects (the only explicit rules are for damage received from flung objects and falling damage) but something something Newton's Third should clear that up if we make some kind of damage <-> force substitution.

The Proteus Feat. I'm ruling no on this. Proteus is explicit about being for prepared spells, and the PHB is also explicit that spontaneous spell slots definitely don't count as prepared in any interpretation. As one of the conceits of this game is about high-level RAW, this while being something I'd ordinarily OK is a no.

That said I did just run a Pathfinder monster so 🤔 maybe I should think about what I'm going for here.

Improving Magic Items. Per MIC yes I'm OK with this rule. I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that I OKed MIC's magic item improvement stuff before as well. If not then err whoops

@Geeks Retraining/rebuilding are options per PHB2.
    Last edited by chaincomplex; 2023-04-15 at 06:01 PM.