View Single Post

Thread: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

1. - Top - End - #367
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    I didn't want to jinx myself, but one of the things I have a hard time with in most D&D / D&D adjacent games is how a 1 is always a fail and a 20 is always a hit. It means no matter how good you are, no matter how powerful you are, you always have a 5% chance of failure. And no matter how weak, or crappy or uncoordinated you are, you have a 5% chance of success. That just seems high to me.
    An important thing here is that only applies to combat rolls - if you have a DC25 check and roll 20 on 1d20+1, you still fail. The same as if you have a DC15 check and roll a 1 on 1d20+20, you still pass. Mostly saying this because I see a common misapprehension floating around that people think the 1 fails, 20 succeeds thing applies to everything.

Personally I don't mind it much in combat - 5% can be a bit high, but it represents a combination of people getting lucky/unlucky in the heat of combat. It does tend to stack up with flurry builds though, which is why I will always avoid games where the DM thinks fumbles on a 1 are a good idea.

Also, we have a super horse? edit - found it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Horse
    THe saddle has a worked silver thread name on it of "Bartheron" - a name that Ahkmathi and Stavri recognise as the as name of of Mitran Saint famed for his strength and loyalty. Good name for a stead.

Treat it as a light warhorse with +2 HD (with all the benefits that brings) and +4 Str/Con and +2 Dex
    It looks to be an Advanced Horse with two extra HD. Overall a really good mount for lower levels, though we'll need to figure out ways to buff and advance it in the future if we want Oghash to ride one at Lv20. (If she doesn't want a bloody skeleton gold dragon as a mount at that point. :P)

edit 2 - I was looking at the Flesh Golem entry, but apparently Anton can also 'heal' it by casting Jolt on it over and over. Every 3 points of lightning damage will heal 1 HP for it. Jolt does 1d3, so it only works 33% of the time, but we can time-skip after a battle and Anton spends 30+ minutes [Jolt]ing the golem until its back to full.
    Last edited by Gyrfalcon; 2023-04-24 at 02:43 AM.