Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
November 2nd
Keith
“I knew about the demon that John was summoning,” Aeryn replies as he takes a floating seat. “Kind of. Drake told me early this morning that I needed to keep an eye on Sidney while Ryker and Yuki took Stella out of the base, just to be safe and minimize the chances of her curse activating.”

“I think Yuki is keeping what she thinks about it to herself,” he says quietly. “She’ll probably talk to Drake about it today, so I wouldn’t worry too much.”

He considers Keith’s last question, Aeryn looks down and runs a hand through his hair. “This morning was a lot for me. I don’t like seeing teammates fight. It’s not how it’s supposed to be. Like I get that we don’t all have to like each other all the time, but we shouldn’t be fighting. Drake and Ryker and Kenzie fight all the time, but it’s never serious. I mean, a couple times were serious, but—“ he falls silent with a huffed sigh. “You know what I mean, right?”
Keith listened as Aeryn talked about Drake warning him of the demon, and how Yuki went with Ryker and Stella to avoid curse interaction. He nodded as he mentioned it and smiled slightly.

"Makes sense he would have thought that far ahead. And good precaution too." He looked at the ground as Aeryn mentioned Yuki talking with Drake about it. He took a short steadying breath.

"Things always get weird sometimes when people find out. Some really understand why it stays hidden, kinda like how you, John, and Seraph understand the reasoning. Others...... they end up avoiding me entirely. Or...... well think Louis's reaction is more visceral thanks to that. Certainly doesn't help anything either." He shook his head.

As Aeryn talked about how he was feeling, and remembering how South Side fought a lot, he thought back to his first day at West Side. He had altercations with Ian at times, but nothing like what happened with Calvin and certainly not like what he had heard about Kenzie and Drake. Aeryn was right, they all didn't have to liek each other all the time, but fighting among the team was counter productive.

"Can't argue with you there. Don't have to like each other all the time but fighting amonst ourselves....." He shook his head. "I-I'm not even mad really about Louis going off on me, but him insulting Harbinger like that, and trying to run over John's consultations when he's got more knowledge about this than most of us..... It boiled my blood today." He gritted his teeth. "I know Drake and Kenzie had fought about Ryker, but didn't realize they all fought all the time. I'm sorry, Aeryn."

"I know what you mean. They were fighting and it was serious, but it wasn't like earlier where it could have been completely malicious." Keith exhales and looks at the ground. "Malicious may be the wrong word, but I...... I can't say that if Louis had attacked earlier, I would have just turned the other cheek." Keith just shook his head again. "Everything else I have, it all says the same thing too. The Empire never targeted Iron Station before now. There wasn't a reason to."

Keith looks up at Aeryn, some sadness in his eyes. He hadn't wanted to worry his friend. "I don't think we'll actually have a full blown fight on our hands, hope not at least. But, Aeryn, I promise I won't get into a fight with Louis if things get heated again." Keith closed his eyes for a moment. "There's one thing I have to add into this email that didn't get mentioned earlier, and even now I'm still struggling with it. I think this, Rin, that's claiming to be the heir may be my half-sister. John sure seemed to think so anyway. Doubt that'll make things go easier."