Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
A416 addendum

Animal Ally has as prerequisite that you do not have an animal companion, so that means it doesn't stack with any of the above.
It has a prerequisite that you don't already have one, but then it explicitly allows it to stack if you gain one through another method later.

Benefit: You gain an animal companion as if you were a druid of your character level –3 from the following list: badger, bird, camel, cat (small), dire rat, dog, horse, pony, snake (viper), or wolf. If you later gain an animal companion through another source (such as the Animal domain, divine bond, hunter’s bond, mount, or nature bond class features), the effective druid level granted by this feat stacks with that granted by other sources.
This is actually part of what prompted my question, because if you stack basically anything with Animal Ally, it all but guarantees that effective druid level will exceed character level, which I thought was illegal. But now I can't find any general rule actually forbidding it, just a few methods of getting ACs that explicitly say they can't stack at all or won't stack about CL (like VMC druid's animal companion can't stack with anything except a feat that just gives you +4 effective druid level?).