Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
I've explained repeatedly that it's not the content and I'm not offended by it, but that I wonder how Jeph can be very careful around most delicate subjects - he never makes jokes about gay people, or trans people, or people of colour, no matter how gentle, obviously playful or self-referential they could be - but still thinks that 'slightly less physical' domestic violence is funny enough to replace actual domestic violence as a punchline.

It's not offense I'm experiencing; it's confusion at how he can be so considerate and also so short-sighted.
Eh, awareness of sensitive topics never grows at a constant rate across all topics. Just because someone’s really plugged into one topic and the discourse around it doesn’t mean they always have strong understanding of the surrounding topics.

Especially when it comes to casual violence, which is pretty omnipresent in modern media, it’s not exactly shocking when something gets misjudged, regardless of the person’s other opinions.

Watch enough Tom & Jerry growing up and the “violence = comedy” correlation can lurk in the back of your mind for ages until you reach for it without thinking to make a punchline.