Eh, this one's not working for me. This viewpoint makes sense for Bubbles, as it would for someone like Momo, but it rings kind of hollow given how utterly "WaCkY hIjiNkS" AI behavior has gotten recently (see: the entire last half-year in Cubetown).

It would be interesting to see the inter-AI dynamics of beings like Roko, Bubbles, Momo, Winslow, and (sometimes) Station standing there in the AI Meeting Room, arms crossed, saying "guys, guys, can we please calm down and talk about robo-philosophy now" while chaos rains down all around them from Beeps, Melon, Moray, May, Lemon, Pintsize, Evan, Yay, and Punchbot's wild madcap shenanigans...

But I suspect that Jeph mostly just wants to have his cake and eat it too, talking serious worldbuilding talk about robot morality and philosophy while in the same breath going dang guys isn't Moray soooooo gooooooooooofy??

Quote Originally Posted by Mechalich View Post
Somewhat more seriously, technological change offers challenges to the extant construction of capitalism, and QC certainly presents more than enough technological change, in a decidedly compact timeframe, for there to be serious disruptions compared to the baseline condition of the early-2000s (while the exact amount of time that has lapsed in-universe is unclear, it's been less than ten years, plausibly QC is running at around 1/4-1/3 of real time).
I'm fairly certain QC is on "Comic-Book Time" -- even though the characters have experienced only a few years of time since the comic began, every strip is written in more or less "present day" and the timescale just slides and does a mini-retcon every time to keep things current.