1. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Negative LA-Assignment : Resurrection, but no diamond here

- Oh no, I'm a DM who doesn't use Magic-Psionics transparency and wants a creature to challenge my psion!
    - Just use Magic-Psionics transparency!
    - Is there any way my creatures with SR and my golems could stand up to his mind powers??
    - Use the transparencyyyy!!
    - I know, I'll just use the Psion-Killer, the psionic equivalent to a golem! It can even remove their buffs, it's perfect!
    - Uuuuuughh...

The Psion-Killer (no space, but with an hyphen), or crystal golem, is just a slightly stronger Stone Golem with Power Immunity rather than Spell Immunity (which should be the same with transparency). It is also known for being the single one creature that you can create with Craft Psionic Constructs, which makes it one of the worst feats in the whole game.
    The crystal golem has 15 RHD. Like all golems, it is Large, with 2 extremely strong slams and DR 10/Adamantine. It has +20 Str, -10 Cha, +19 NA (close enough), and can Dispel Psionics as a free action in an unfriendly AoE that doesn't affect magic items. Magic immunity is good as always, and Dispel Psionics can be interesting, though it will require a bit of positioning. All in all, slightly stronger than the Stone Golem (+2 Str, +2 Dex, +1 NA, and Dispel is about as strong as Slow in my opinion, maybe a bit worse), but not enough for one more RHD. 10 RHD, DLA-3

I really looks a lot like Ben 10's Diamondhead. Would have been cool to have it launch crystal shards, or have its slams trigger bleeding. Anyway, skipping the puppetteers (sad, I would have liked talking about them), we go directly to the temporal filchers! Where some monster make you waste your time reading about them, this one actually steals it, which makes for actually interesting interactions... See you next time!
    Last edited by Beni-Kujaku; 2023-06-29 at 04:47 PM.
    Resurrecting the Negative LA thread, comments and discussion are very welcome!
    Nice find! Have a cookie!
    Do you want to build monstrous characters with reasonable LA? Join the Monster Mash! Currently, round XII: One-Punch Monster!!! Come judge single-strike entries!
    Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    3.5 allows you to optimize into godhood, yes, but far more importantly, it lets you optimize weak, weird, and niche options into relevance.