Quote Originally Posted by Dalmosh View Post
Tarzan The Turnip

How about Ape Totem Druid?
Thank you for this name ^^

I generally do not take druid into account when examining possible classes. And that's for several reasons, namely three. First, as I said when reviewing the shrieker, you're here to play a monster, not play a random animal like any other druid character. Then, druid is absurdly overpowered as a class, being a full caster with both Wild Shape and Animal Companion on top of it (and also naturally having a better chassis than Plant). This makes any number of RHD ill-adapted for a druid, especially if you only come online around level 8 (when you can be constantly Wild Shaped) and you also have low Int. 2 RHD Udoroot druid might be good above level 8 (especially thanks to mind-affecting immunity and other plant traits), but as you said, simply playing as your animal companion for 6-7 levels isn't what I would call "balanced". At least psionic classes are immediately useable, and somehow synergistic with the udoroot's natural abilities. And finally, more specifically for the udoroot, we have no idea what happens to the crowns when the udoroot polymorphs. Are they a part of the creature? Only attached to it? Do they still work? The most sane reading would be, in my opinion, that the crowns simply disappear into the new form, like worn items, and lose all properties, which would neuter even more the original abilities, since a Wild Shaped udoroot would be unable to use PLAs, and to use Blindsight.

Also, I love the mental image of the udoroot-hot-air-balloon. You could even have the udoroot make the ape float in return if needed. And if the opponent tries to attack the ape, it can just retreat, then the Udoroot just uses its standard to dispel its own Levitate and fall on the enemy's head. You take 4d6 damage for falling, they take 150d6 due to your mass! I mean, it's a DC 15 Reflex for no damage, but if it fails that's a stupendous amount of damage.