1. - Top - End - #307
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Jumpers vs. 40k IC1: Worst. Isekai. Ever.

"Considering I have no plans to fight him, we should be alright for the moment." Frode said, stung a bit by the fact that the stasis grenade appeared to have done nothing at all. The Anti-Life Equation fragment slapped headfirst into the metaphorical walls of Frode's Mental Fortress perk, heavily blunting any spiritual or mental damage it could have done, and the math was taken in, considered, and discarded with a snort.

If LIFE=PAIN or whatever, Frode thought, then the obvious corollary is that if I am hurting, I'm still alive! He gave an irritated shake of his head. Nonsense like this is why most of us grow out of nihilism by about year 9.

Despite the mental bravado, Frode was still a few shades paler even than his usual self as he shook off the equation fragment.

Abandoning his attempts to suborn the Fathergauntlet, he gave its atoms a good yank with his powers, on the off chance that he could damage it, convert it to pure energy, or even just make Thanoseid punch himself in the face with it.

While he did that, though, after a thoughtflash between himself and Cegorach, he phased out, flowing into TARDIS form as he did so. The usual sound of *VWOORP VWOORP VWOORP* faded out most of the way, then faded back in, getting louder and louder until it became a thunder that shook the world. Then the world itself started to fade away around Thanoseid, quickly leaving him alone in the middle of a cavern larger than worlds within the Webway, where the Black Library once hung. The walls shuddered and started to cave in, flickering points of light dancing over the surface with explosions the size of countries bursting from the walls, as that segment of Webway was cut off from the larger whole and began to explosively disintegrate back into the Warp.

Ghostly winds slashed lines of phantasmal colour through the void where the Black Library planet had been, dimensional collapse violent even by Warp standards accelerated and guided by Frode's TARDIS abilities tearing space and time to shreds around Thanoseid, weaponised destruction of that segment of subspace creating howling vortexes of half-forgotten memory and faded dreams that could swallow stars.

And in the middle of it all, a small holographic projector was left, displaying, right at Thanoseid's eye level, "Have fun walking home, jerk."

Somewhere far away, the *VWOORP*-ing rumbles faded after a few seconds, and a slightly-transparent image of Frode reappeared roughly where he had been standing previously. "Well, that was 'fun'." Frode noted drily.

"Before you ask, the Black Library, and by extension all of you, are inside my TARDIS-form, which in turn is in a dimensional pocket three quarkturns charmwise of reality, whose exit is about six billion lightyears 'above' the Milky Way's galactic disc. Thanoseid was left in the Black Library's former position in the Webway, which I exploded as we left. I doubt it will do much more than inconvenience him, but at least enough dimensional disruption to rip a star system to its component subatomic particles and then being dumped into the heart of Khorne's section of the Warp should annoy him a little."
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-07-28 at 03:25 AM.