Quote Originally Posted by Kvard51 View Post
Turning to Keith, Jake accepts the hand and returns a strong grip, "Keith. Thanks for the welcome. I can't right say I understood much else you said there, but I got that part, anyways."

Turning his grin on Ryker, Jake says, "We wasn't altogether sure at first. But it appears I can control gravity a bit. What about you?"
Keith grins a bit and shrugs. "No worries, will have plenty of time to fill ya in. Suffice it to say a sorta spiritual quest happened and I'm still working through it all." He thought back to his latest adventure. "Got to speak to someone, in a way at least, I haven't talked to in over ten years now."

At the mention of his powers though, Keith tilted his head and started to mirror Aeryn's excited look. "Wait, so you can manipulate gravity? Hold up, Texan born and raised?"

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
December 3rd
Morning Meeting
The angel’s expression darkens. “A new one, based on Louis’ description of it. I’m sure you’ve seen it, but I want to let everyone know we do have one of its eyes in fridge,” he says with a shake of his head. “I warded the container, so don’t worry about it seeing anything, unless you take it out.”

“Normal for me,” Drake replies. “My powers make me run hot naturally. Nothing to catch.” He takes his seat next to Yuki again as introductions continue.

The former Rook’s smile widens a little. “You can come down to the gym and find out,” Ryker suggests.

Anima shifts in her spot on the floor. Even sitting, she’s almost as tall as Jake. “Nice to meet you,” she says in a quiet, whispery voice.

Seraph looks to Terrence. “Come by my office after the meeting. I’ll have you sign some paperwork and get you ready to leave.”

The angel glances around the room. “If everyone’s good, I’ll go ahead and end the meeting. Louis, let me know how things turn out. Let Mimi know if you’re taking anyone with you.”
As Seraph mentions the eyeball, Keith's eyebrows raise. Nothing was mentioned about that this morning when he was getting caught up and eating. Which, he wondered if the hunger would end soon. That seemed like an important detail for Seraph to not mention, though it wasn't like Keith would have been able to do anything with the info.

"Wait, one of its eyes is in the fridge?" He turned to Louis. It wasn't like the guy needed a new eyeball or anything. And he certainly didn't seem anything like an Uchiha from Naruto. He turned back to Seraph. "Seems there's a lot more to get caught up on." He chuckled a bit.

Freaking time differences.

He grins at Ryker's suggestion. "So, we placin' bets on the match? Would love to see that." He thinks for a moment. He still needed to drop the visor off at the lab first, and that would be quick enough to leave there while everyone else was at school.

In the time he had been gone at least, it looked like Anima had gotten a bit used to the team. Still, he wondered if that spot he landed in would be of benefit to figuring out her curse.

Following the meeting, he drew his visor from his shadow and made his way to drop it offer at the lab, running into John on his way there and just passing Drake.

"Hey, John. Figure you still need some rest, but let me know when a good time to talk would be. The way it all got phrased, it sounded like you guys were making a final stand somewhere else." Keith's eyes grew distance for a moment as he was met with only mental silence. It was still unusual to him.

"Either way, I'm glad to know that's not the full case. Get some rest, and hopefully, this thing will be ready by our next mission time." He grinned a bit. "Oh, and just know that Nextephua is a jerk."

Following John's response, Keith will let him know that for the next while, he'll be in the gym and catching up with Aeryn some. He continued on his way to drop off the visor at the lab, and if Louis is around, thank him again for taking a look at it. Must be nice some days to be in two places at once.

"Hey Louis, thanks again for this man. I owe ya."