Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael
“To know John, is to know Worry,” Raphael intones. “To see him, is to see worrying done at the level of a Master.”
Louis shakes his head. "I don't think my body could withstand that level of anxiety."

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael
Raphael makes an amused noise. “I’d prefer that to some Crazy, Superstitious, Notion that we’re somehow responsible.”
"That's the problem Raph, we're not responsible for what happened. I am." The slightest hint of guilt tinges his voice. "It doesn't matter if Drake or Yuki were with them, they weren't ready."

December 3rd
Morning Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
Smiling at the joke, Jake responds, "Naw. Jake from Bandera, Texas. Jake from State Ranch is my little cousin."
"You know, that explains a lot." Louis says, nodding in feigned enlightenment.

Quote Originally Posted by John
He turned back to the Texan. “The gentleman who has called me out on my affectation is Raphael, code name Nightgaunt and the commercial aficionado is West Side’s Team Lead — Louis, code name Redline.
The team lead offers Jake mock salute. "Guilty as charged."

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
"Raphael, Louis. Ladies", he says. "I humbly offer my thanks for the warm welcome. I hope I can pull my weight around here."
"Don't mention it. Make yourself at home, Mimi will take care of ya while you're here. You should probably take the day to unpack and make yourself familiar with the base. We've got a busy weekend ahead of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Keith
"Wait, one of its eyes is in the fridge?" He turned to Louis.
"It's a souvenir." Louis shrugs nonchalantly. "Figured that John or the doctor over at East Side would want to take a look at it."

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph
The angel glances around the room. “If everyone’s good, I’ll go ahead and end the meeting. Louis, let me know how things turn out. Let Mimi know if you’re taking anyone with you.”
"You got it. I think I'll make my way South Side after lunch."

Louis pulls out his phone and finishes typing up a pair of texts, sending them out as he heads for the lab.

Spoiler: Text to Red Light
Show
Hey Big Red, I know you're probably lights out right now but I wanted to see if you were free to talk sometime this weekend?

You can text me back whenever you wake up, no rush.

Spoiler: Text to Izzy
Show
It's Friday and being the accomplished detective that I am I couldn't help but notice that both you and I are free (later) today... Any plans?

Laboratory

The heavy metal door to the laboratory slides open allowing Louis entry as he approaches the giant white board. "Mimi, what can you tell me about Jack Hamilton? Known Crown drug dealer, currently listed as living in the South Side of the city. Zion Heights Road I think?"

The recess lights lining the ceiling come to life in succession revealing the form of a slumbering mechanical hound on the far side of the room. It's left ear swivels towards Louis but the beast doesn't move and inch.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith
He continued on his way to drop off the visor at the lab, and if Louis is around, thank him again for taking a look at it. Must be nice some days to be in two places at once.

"Hey Louis, thanks again for this man. I owe ya."
Louis turns his head to look at the laboratory door as it slides back to reveal Keith. "Don't thank me yet. There's no guarantee that I'll even be able to fix it. Do you know what's wrong with it?"